Saturday, April 16, 2011

WHERE is my carrot cake recipe??

I made a carrot cake, direct from heaven, but I can not find my recipe.  I can not even remember if the recipe was from a cookbook or in my stash of magazine rip outs and on line print outs.  What's a gal to do?

I went through every cookbook on the kitchen shelves and went through every recipe in my "goodies" folder....just not there.  I have only one hope and that is I shared this recipe with my SIL, Susan.  Just emailed her...

However, in my search, I did find this little gem.  I have never tried it but will put it on the very long roster of desserts to try!

Carrot Cheesecake

1 package 2 layer size carrot cake mix
1 cup water
1/2 cup cooking oil
6 eggs
1/2 cup raisins
3 @ 8 oz packages of cream cheese, softened
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
2 teas. vanilla
Nonstick cooking spray
2 Tab powdered sugar
1 Tab water
1 teas. ground cinnamon
1/2 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
1 cup powdered sugar
3 to 4 teas milk

1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.  Grease and flour 10 inch spring form pan; set aside.  In a large bowl, combine carrot cake mix, 1 cup water, oil and 3 of the eggs.  Beat with an electric mixer on low speed for 30 seconds, scraping sides of bowl constantly.  Beat on medium speed for three minutes.  Fold in raisins.  Pour into pan.

2.  In another large bowl, beat cream cheese with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth.  Beat in granulated sugar and vanilla until smooth.  Beat in remaining three eggs just until combined.  Slowly pour over carrot cake layer.  Place spring form pan on baking sheet.

3. Bake for 1 1/2 to 1 3/4 hours or until center is set (Top will be uneven and center may fall slightly as it cools).  Cool in pan on wire rack for 15 minutes.  Using a small sharp knife, loosen the cake from the sides of the pan.  Cool 30 minutes and remove the sides of the pan; cool completely and refrigerate at least four hours before serving.

4. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.  Line a small baking pan with foil; lightly coat foil with cookie spray.  In a bowl, combine 2 tab. powdered sugar, 1 tab. water and the cinnamon.  Stir in the walnuts.  Spread nuts in an even layer on the baking pan.  Bake 8 minutes or until nuts are lightly toasted, stirring once.  Cool.

5.  In a medium bowl, combine 1 cup of powdered sugar and enough milk to make a drizzling consistency.  Cut cheesecake into wedges and place each on a serving plate.  Drizzle each serving with the powdered sugar icing.  Break up the walnuts and place atop cheesecake wedges.  "Should" make 16 servings. hehe

This came from the March 2009 issue of Better Homes & Gardens!


No comments:

Post a Comment